Still Hanging & Getting My Crojo Back!

 Hello Hookers!

I know, I know, it seems like I haven't posted in forever!

While the pandemic isn't as over as we'd have thought it would be by now, it is a breath of fresh air that things are slowly returning to some semblance of normal.  Though, I don't think we'll ever get 100% back to the way things were before.

The new job is going awesome!  I got a small promotion.  I'm doing Workflow Coordination, still on the overnights, and I still get to have some hands on.  I do have to pull extra hours on the weekend, but hopefully that won't be forever.  Overall, making the move to this new company was a great change for me.  I am feeling happier and less stressed.

As much as I love crochet, I have been working on other hobbies, too.  Got a couple of awesome new jigsaw puzzles, one which is in process.  We've been doing a once a month D&D game online, and hope to resume one of our other games, also probably once a month soon.  I'm also trying to get out and walk more.  Though, bouts of heat sickness has sidelined me a bit.  But, the weather here is finally turning cooler, and I signed up for a virtual 5k at work, and am working on building the habit of long walks every weekend.

This summer, I made the to tale down the Facebook page that goes with this blog, and just focus on the blog.  This is a great place for me to share my patterns so that I can also publish on Ravelry.  And, even though I don't do it often, writing these posts is therapeutic.

I'm finally pulling out of the funk I've been in for quite a while.  Had some rough patches, but as noted, I'm feeling happier and less stressed.

Last, but not least, I feel like I may have my Crojo back!  I'd been feeling a little lost when it comes to my craft lately.  I've been keeping up with Happily Hooked magazine, but otherwise, just kind of Meh about this thing I love.  Which may have contributed to the funk a bit, to be honest.

I'm working on an afghan design using Bobble Stitches.  I have the graph done, and am working on the write up now, and the yarn for the test run has been ordered.  I can't wait to start.

And, inspired by a friend's temperature blanket, I have plans for doing one on 2022.  If I can get enough colors, I'm thinking of using Bamboo yarn, and maybe even doing Tunisian for this project.

That's all for now.  Time to get my fingers back to the grindstone working on that pattern!  Keep an eye out for it!

Until next time,

Keep on Hooking!!

Comments

  1. After some discussion with the Hubby, I've decided the new afghan pattern will be a purchased pattern, as this one is wholly my creation.

    When it's ready, it will be posted on Etsy, and I'll create a page for this and any future patterns I create for sale with photos and links.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new year, a new endeavor!

Celtic Knot Filet

Uh oh!