Celtic Knot Filet

Now that it has been gifted, I can make this post. This is a compilation of the WIP photos that have been posted to the Facebook page.

It was slow going at first. I did decide to make the starting chain with one hook bigger so that the chains would be loose enough to crochet into. With the thread and such tiny hooks, it was hard not making the stitches too tight. I did find early on that when doing DC's in the CH spaces, it was much easier to crochet around the CH space than in the CH stitches.

Once I got through the bottom border knots, work picked up, and seemed to go much faster.

Unfortunately, at this point, work was stalled by the sudden passing of my father, and a whirlwind trip to Omaha to spend some time with my brothers while we grieved and put everything in order. (Thankfully, there really wasn't much to do, despite Dad having no end of life planning, and my brothers had it pretty much done by the time I got there.)

Once I got home, and recovered from my trip (which took a bit - I was exhausted before the trip, and the quickness of it combined with the jet lag, and the break in my routine, took a lot out of me), I was able to focus and get this finished by my goal of Halloween.

Then, it was time to weave in the ends and block. I'm not really all that great at blocking (this is pretty much the first project I've done that really needed it), and the sides didn't hold their shape as well as I would have liked once I had the pins out (sorry, I don't have a photo of that), but the couple it was gifted to (for a belated wedding gift) absolutely loved it.

While I found that filet crochet is not really my forte, I did enjoy making this, and appreciated that my husband challenged my to work this pattern through without "tweaking" it as I worked (which I do have a habit of doing). I'm not sure if I'll do more of these in the future, but it was a fun experience none the less.

The hubby has the 1st video edited, but because of the events of the past month, I have yet to review it and get it posted to YouTube. We still have some work to do in his office and our craft room (which is also my "office") so that I can work comfortably on the computer. But, I'm hoping to have it posted by the end of the month.

Until next time, Keep on Hooking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new year, a new endeavor!

Uh oh!