Spring has sprung, but my spring is gone

The weather is finally getting warmer.  The mornings are still a bit cool, but the afternoons are absolutely gorgeous.

Yet, I'm still finding myself with such a lack of energy lately.  I can't bring myself to enjoy my favorite hobby lately.  While the hubby and I have a newfound obsession with D&D lately (and enjoying running a campaign with the daughter and her boyfriend), it hasn't taken away from the time I have to crochet.  I just don't want to do it lately, which saddens me.

Work has been steadily picking up, and I'm having issues with an employee (which should be resolved soon), which has me feeling extra run down lately.  I can't even enjoy computer games with the hubby lately because I don't even want to look at a computer after work, especially when it seems like I have to help out from home every weekend lately.  And, our contract is about to be expanded in a huge way, which means more work and more staffing.  It's a good thing, but it's going to keep me very busy in the near future.

We finally got back on the ball with our health and have a PCP again, and got check-ups.  For me, I got the "diet and excercise" talk.  I need to get the weight and cholesterol down.  Which, at my age, really isn't all the surprising.  But, I'm being given a chance to get it down myself before I get put on a statin.  The hubby is back on an ant-depressant, and Metformin for his diabetes, as it got a bit out of control.  But, he basically got the same "diet and exercise" talk.  We're doing well with the diet part.  I'm doing a modified Slim Fast diet, and using our Express Crock for healthy, home cooked from scratch dinners.  We're both still working on the exercise part.  Baby steps.

I'm hoping to schedule a long weekend here soon to recharge.  Maybe even take a joy ride on the bike, which I haven't done in far too long (especially since I'm riding every day since we got rid of our car).

I'm also hoping to get the hubby to get the tutorials edited soon so I can get them posted.  I'm sorry that has taken so long, but we've been dealing with house stuff (and the health stuff) that makes the videos keep getting pushed to the back burner.

Once I can get out of this funk, I really do want to do 2 project videos.  The 1st will be a Beanie from the Simple Hats pattern that I have posted.  The 2nd will be a "Learn Your Stitches" Scarf from a Red Heart pattern (I'll post the link whenever I get the video recorded).

Thank you all for listening to me ramble a bit.

Until next time, keep on hooking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new year, a new endeavor!

Celtic Knot Filet

Uh oh!