Getting Back Into the Swing

Hello All!

The start of the new year has had some hiccups for me.  But, seems to finally be smoothing out.

We had a nasty surprise of termites in our home, but thankfully, the treatment wasn't too expensive, and seems to to have done the job.  And, $75 a year to renew the warranty will bring some peace of mind.

We have a shed purchased, which is currently sitting in my carport in a cardboard box.  The weather hasn't cooperated for us to get it assembled.  Once we can make that happen, we have some work rearranging our front rooms, creating a dedicated office for Haz, with the main room for crafting and my computer, and also giving me space to work when I need to help my employees at work.

We've also taken steps to get our health back on track.  Getting check-ups for the first time in too long.  But, I got a clean bill of health, overall, though I did get the "diet and exercise" talk because I am overweight and my cholesterol is a little high.  One thing we've done to help with that is get an Express Crock (Crock Pot's version of the Instant Pot).  I also got an Instant Pot cookbook and have been enjoying how my cooking game has leveled up.

This weekend, I finally picked up my yarn and hooks since the holidays.  I picked up a set of Tunisian hooks so I can learn those techniques.  But, this weekend, I went back to one of my favorite patterns.

The Meandering Paws Scarf by Amy B. Stitched works up easily and quickly, and just looks cute.  She also has a matching Beanie, which I have actually been working on a top-down version of.  Once I can get the other sizes worked out, I'll post my pattern here.

Still waiting on Haz to get my videos edited, but they are on the way!  I also have 2 projects planned to video:  A basic beanie, and a beautiful scarf that uses all the basic stitches.

In the mean time,

Keep on Hooking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new year, a new endeavor!

Celtic Knot Filet

Uh oh!